What are the Best Fibromyalgia Research Centers?
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Fibromyalgia Fundraising & Research and other Fibromyalgia topics.
Advancements in fibromyalgia research are happening every day. If you or someone you love suffers from the disease, take a look at this list of research centers. The following institutions are working hard to improve the lives of people living with fibromyalgia:
- University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, Michigan – This institution is among the ones to receive the most grants into fibromyalgia research. They have researched use of RINCE to minimize the effects of fibromyalgia, while they are currently looking into pain and stress management plus its effects on fibromyalgia. These are just a few of the projects they are working on.
- UCSD Medical Center in San Diego, CA – currently conducting tests on the milnacipran (a new medication) on fibromyalgia patients.
- NIH Clinical Center in Bethesda, Maryland – Researchers in the institution are more about the pain and fatigue symptoms associated with this chronic condition.
- University of Washington in Seattle, Washington – It is involved in a number of clinical trials but their most prominent is their research into the various subgroups of fibromyalgia.
- Massachusetts General Hospital in Charlestown, Massachusetts – conducting various research with a lot of emphasis being placed on brain imaging.
- Richard Roudebus VA Medical Center in Indianapolis, Indiana – Conducting a very interesting research in pain outcome by pitting together structured exercise vs yoga, with the focus on fibromyalgia patients of course.
Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.