What are the Leading Fibromyalgia Fundraisers?
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Fibromyalgia Fundraising & Research and other Fibromyalgia topics.
In spite of getting close to no media coverage, fibromyalgia organizations tend to receive a lot of funding from well-wishers. Most of the funding is raised for research purposes while the rest go towards creating awareness of the condition. The leading fibromyalgia fundraisers are:
- National Fibromyalgia and Chronic Pain Association – The organizations hosts the biggest national and international events alike, including community events such as walks, picnics, zumbathons, and dinners.
- The Fibromyalgia Awareness Foundation – The organization has a rather unique approach to where their funding goes, unlike other organizations which are more focused on research, they mostly fund very needy fibromyalgia patients.
- National Fibromyalgia Association – This is one of the biggest fibromyalgia associations in the country with a very large following. It hosts the most events spread throughout the United States.
- The American Fibromyalgia Syndrome Association – Has raised more than $1.7 million in funding during its 14 year existence. Most of this was collected through grants while a larger chunk of it goes towards research.
- FMA UK – This is among the biggest Fibromyalgia organization in the UK. They organize various charity events to raise funds and they even have their own magazine called the Fibromyalgia Focus Magazine.
Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.