Doctors and disability claims

Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Diagnosing Fibromyalgia and other Fibromyalgia topics.

What´s the surest sign that I have fibromyalgia?

Doctors and disability claims

If you plan on applying for any form of disability insurance, then you should ask your family doctor for a referral to a board certified rheumatologist for an official diagnosis. While any doctor is capable of making the diagnosis, many disability insurance companies insist on a rheumatologist's official diagnosis before they will honor a claim.



Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.


URL: (optional)


Not finding the advice and tips you need on this Fibromyalgia Tip Site? Request a Tip Now!

Guru Spotlight
PJ Campbell